The built-in Manual Annotation Editor component has undergone a series of changes. The span-of-text annotation editor is now faster and more flexible. We have also improved the navigability and extended a range of actions that can be performed on annotations.
The list of features include:
- Fast rendering of span-of-text annotations regardless of the size of documents.
- Manually creating span-of-text annotations and adjusting their boundaries.
- Colour coding of span-of-text annotations.
- Full support for nested and intersecting span-of-text annotations.
- Creating complex annotations that consist of attributes (of primitives types such as integers, strings, boolean, etc.) and references to other annotations.
- Structural consistency of annotations is ensured by type systems (annotation schemata).
- Easy navigation between annotated documents.
- Annotation can be paused and resumed at a later visit.